Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

卧龙自然保护区

stelingo   December 15th, 2012 4:18p.m.

Hi

When I put 卧龙 in my study list, it came up with the translation 'wòlóng: (literally) hidden dragon; emperor in hiding' However when I went to check out the Chinese name of the movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 卧虎藏龍, it seems that 卧 actually means crouching. Is this a mistake on Skritter or is there something I'm not getting?

夏普本   December 15th, 2012 4:34p.m.

Pleco translates 卧 combined with animals or birds as meaning crouching. But 卧龙 together translates as "sleeping dragon - a talent in obscurity", which I guess could be construed as hidden. Sorry cant offer any more help than that.

Then 藏龙卧虎(之地) translates as "a place where dragons and tigers are hiding - a place where people of unusual ability are found"

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!