Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

same reviews?

Mats   December 12th, 2012 4:16p.m.

Hi, why do I often get same reviews as just typed in?
Typically I study in the morning and then click back to progress or Study page, then I open skritter on iphone on my way to work and I get the same recent reviews as I just had, just like it didn't save, I thought it saved after every review or is there something else one should do?

cheers
Mats

Mats   December 12th, 2012 4:19p.m.

Never mind, I just found the "Save reviews" button down to the right corner!

sorry :)

nick   December 12th, 2012 4:26p.m.

Yup--we changed it last month to batch the review saving, because it's way more efficient to do it this way, but unfortunately you do need to manually Save Reviews sometimes. (It tries to prevent you from leaving if you haven't done it, but it doesn't always catch you.)

I'm planning on setting it up to automatically save pending reviews more often in certain cases when we think you're done with a session, but haven't done it yet.

Janerl   January 9th, 2013 10:54p.m.

I noticed the "save reviews" button a while ago. I could have sworn it was just me remembering wrong, so I didn't say anything for a while, but it's happened enough times that I think that even when I click "save reviews" before I leave the study page (or it stops me with the pop-up and then saves), it's still not saving the last batch. I think the ones that it automatically sends after being idle for a while do go through.

I know that's not very specific for troubleshooting, and I don't honestly mind going over the last few words again, but has anyone else experienced this?

nick   January 10th, 2013 12:07a.m.

Janerl, do you go through them again the next session later, or within a few minutes? How many past words' worth of prompts would you say are not saved?

CC   January 10th, 2013 2:41a.m.

I do have to remember to sync my ipod as well - could this be the problem here?

Mats   January 10th, 2013 3:07a.m.

I also still seem to get same same characters/words again after saving, but have not cared to bother much more, but I usually use web, push save, then go to progress page, then back to study all again.

Maybe it's only a few ones, I will try to keep this in mind and see if there is a pattern.

Anyway, this possible bug is not too important for me, I just study some characters more one day ;)

Zeppa   January 10th, 2013 5:30a.m.

Yes, I get this. I thought it was enough to close the app on one device and let both sync while I'm at home on the WiFi network, but I have still been getting some duplication (maybe for up to 50 reviews).

Janerl   January 10th, 2013 6:46a.m.

Forgot to say I only use the web version (I don't have an iDevice), but I'm getting them even at the next session later in the day. I started noticing because I know I would have done a prompt wrongly earlier, but the sidebar would say the last time I studied this had been days/weeks ago.

It's not very many words, perhaps around 7 at most (~14 reviews). Like Mats said, it's not a big deal to get to study them again, but I just have to remember to mark them as wrong again.

nick   January 10th, 2013 11:32p.m.

If you press "Save X Reviews", then wait several seconds (instead of leaving right away), then leave the page, do you still see the last X reviews come back later in the day?

Janerl   January 13th, 2013 3:27a.m.

I tried waiting 30s after clicking save on beta skritter, went away for a couple of hours, and the last batch wasn't saved again.

nick   January 13th, 2013 1:10p.m.

Hmm. I'll put this one back onto the bug list. Thanks for the details.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!