Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

feature request: share progress on weibo

mattrs   January 2nd, 2013 6:43a.m.

on ios app, one can share progress on twitter. for those of us in China especially it would be great to be able to share our progress on Sina's weibo (China's twitter, weibo.com). this would be a great addition to the website and ios app.

nick   January 2nd, 2013 5:06p.m.

Hardly anyone uses the Twitter/Facebook integration, so we're not going to invest any more into it or add other platforms like Weibo--sorry!

mattrs   January 2nd, 2013 7:43p.m.

Got it, but your users in China could not use those services anyway due to the gfw. my use case is I am attending class in China and want an easy way to share my progress with my teacher and friends here.

If this is a hard no, I would like to volunteer to develop a Skritter sharing app, given an api exists. My scenario is easy sharing to post to services including weibo as well as private communications like email or wechat (super popular now in China).

Aside. I am also interested in developing a Skritter reminder service, notifying users after a certain threshold of review pressure is met. The scenario is to help avoid review bloat.

nick   January 2nd, 2013 9:34p.m.

That would be awesome, actually. We've just developed a nice API for that sort of thing. I'll have Scott add you to the API list and link you to the docs.

mahabhusuku   January 21st, 2013 5:38p.m.

Hi,
I would be very much interested in working with the sharing API as well. I'm trying to use my skritter practice and progress in lieu of some character assignments and my teacher wants to see the stats in order to sign off on it.

All the best.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!