Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Small Tip for Windows 7 Tablet Users

jpa11nma   October 16th, 2011 4:57p.m.

At least on my Tablet PC, when I write short, fast strokes, Windows will interpret it as clicking on the Flash applet as well and will subsequently show a round circle to indicate where I supposedly 'clicked'.

It might also happen with external tablets. I sold my Wacom Bamboo when I bought my Tablet PC, so I can't check.

Here's what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/ZP4eW.png - it'll start small, and grow while fading out.

Anyway, in Vista, you could turn it off in the Control Panel. In Windows 7, Microsoft moved the setting deep inside the Group Policy Editor. If you're like me and don't like the circles, here's how to hide them. The benefit of this is that you can still use the pen as a mouse.

1) Open the Start Menu, type "gpedit.msc" and hit [Enter]
2) Go to User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Tablet PC -> Cursors
3) Double-click "Turn off pen feedback"
4) Set it to "Enabled" and click "OK".

The change is applied instantly. You can also return any time and undo it by setting it back to "Not Configured".

Note that this also turns off circles for touch input if you're lucky enough to have one of those fancy tablet/touch-combo Tablet PCs.

nick   October 17th, 2011 9:53a.m.

Good tip; I'll add a link to this forum post from the Wacoms settings guide for any having similar issues.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!