Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Skritter API

jlau   November 30th, 2012 6:21a.m.

Hey there,

I was wondering if there was a way to access the data to my progress. I wanted to maybe visualise that data on my own website or just process it other ways.

scott   November 30th, 2012 2:30p.m.

Got an API in the works. I'll email you details and add you to the mailing list.

Laspimon   November 30th, 2012 9:27p.m.

I'd like details as well.

jlau   December 1st, 2012 8:38a.m.

Sweet sounds good. Do you have access to my email just through my account then? What kind of release date are you thinking?

dusan   December 1st, 2012 9:26a.m.

I'd also like the details.

scott   December 1st, 2012 9:00p.m.

Yep, I send infos to whatever the email is on your account. I've emailed all three of you the details.

No idea on the release date. Too early to know how extensive it will be.

For those interested in the API, please describe your use cases so I can try and get the API to accommodate you. Either here on the forum or an email to me through the contact form works. Thanks!

nomadwolf   December 5th, 2012 11:17p.m.

I'm sure you already have it in mind, but my previous post for use case at http://www.skritter.com/forum/topic?id=221155903

mattrs   December 15th, 2012 9:00p.m.

I would like to request access as well. I would like to create a Windows Phone companion app that allows for quick adds on the go and basic mywords management.

Nathan Cain   February 3rd, 2013 9:09a.m.

I would like to be on the list to be notified about api access.

I would like BaconLanguageTomato.com to be able to add words and/or sentences to the user's skritter account.

Nathan Cain   February 3rd, 2013 9:10a.m.

I forgot to login before I wrote the comment above about BaconLanguageTomato.com

nomadwolf   February 4th, 2013 3:48a.m.

KneeHowdy, I love what you have at BLT.com. It's pretty much exactly what I hoped Skritter Reader (http://beta.skritter.com/vocab/reader) would be, so good work!
(Actually, I only had time to look at the demo on the front page, but Lunar New Year is coming up!)
Does the site work "adequately" off mobile devices, or should I avoid making judgements from my iPhone or iPad?

Nathan Cain   February 4th, 2013 8:13a.m.

Nomadwolf, nice complement. I appreciate that.

The site probably doesn't work well on mobile yet. I have been focused on the desktop/laptop so far

(didn't mean to hijack the thread)

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!