Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

FluentU word lists

menglelan   December 27th, 2012 7:01p.m.

So, I've been looking at FluentU and some of this stuff is good. Have we got any word lists for the Fluent U vids?

夏普本   December 27th, 2012 7:14p.m.

I did notice someone had added some lists from there.

menglelan   December 27th, 2012 7:15p.m.

That one only has a few words.

I would like Skritter to import from FluentU like they do from ChinesePod.

马洲屹   December 27th, 2012 10:14p.m.

I agree! That would be perfect and something I would, at a reasonable price, be willing to pay for

俞翰森   December 28th, 2012 2:19a.m.

You can create your own lists rather fast and easy. You do have the transcript downloadable below the movie you like to learn the words for. You can also mark just the words you like to learn and export them to a PDF. I know, it is currently limited to only 10 words per file. Since both those PDF:s are secured you will have to unlock them to to be able to copy and paste the words. Go to google and search for tools for this. I prefer a tool called PDFUnlock. Free, extremely fast and on line. Now you have an PDF from where you can copy and paste the words or use a parser to take out the words you need to import to Skritter. I do this regularly and have imported some 300 words to my personal FluentU list in skritter.

nick   December 28th, 2012 1:02p.m.

We talked to FluentU, and they're planning to add an export function from their vocab manager which will be easier to make Skritter lists from. If people like it, we can do more together. That's the plan, anyway.

menglelan   December 28th, 2012 3:49p.m.

Good! And I am going to ask them to put in more kungfu/wushu/martial videos in there too!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!