Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

iOS App Feature Suggestion: Reviews Due

Giraffe   January 2nd, 2013 4:43a.m.

Hello everyone,

Still Skrittering for over a year and still loving it!

I had a suggestion which may or may not have been mentioned in the forum before: I was thinking it would be helpful for me and possibly for others if, like on the PC site's main page, there was a

"You have
_____ items
ready to review from _____ lists."

area on the main page. I feel that there is a lot of unused space at the bottom of the main interface on the app!

Also, another random thought... it might be nice if implemented was a notifier in iOS like with email... that red bubble telling you how many reviews you have.

Just getting my two cents out there, and any comments or criticisms from staff and users would be great to hear! I want to know what others think about it.

Back to Skrittering!

nick   January 2nd, 2013 5:05p.m.

It's possible we could add the due review count, but I'm not sure how much that would add to the app. On the web version, we place the review count there because it can take a while to get to the study page and for that count to load, but on the iOS app, it's very fast to go to the study screen and see it there.

I looked into adding a badge number showing how many reviews would be due, but it would take a lot of overhead to make that number work, so I couldn't do it.

truando   January 2nd, 2013 5:20p.m.

I believe the badge number would stress me out. I want to skritter when I feel like it and the badge would pressure me each time I look at the phone... already have enough badges on my email and such.

just a thought.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!